Complaint Review: Net Detective

• Submitted: Thu, November 16, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2007

• Reported By:Grand Rapids Michigan
Net Detective
1392 S Woodland BLVD Deland, Florida U.S.A.

Net Detective Mislead, actual product not what advertised Deland Florida

*Author of original report: Update

*Author of original report: starting round 3

I paid 29 for a 3 year membership and was promised, "Check Criminal Records
->Uncover Your OWN Family History!
->Find Brith, Death, Social Security, Adoption, DMV Records, and More!
->Find how to locate UNLISTED Phone Numbers!
->Find Address, Phone Number and E-mail Addresses FAST!
->Investigate Your Own CREDIT REPORTS!
->Get Your Own FBI file. What does BIG BROTHER know about YOU?"
All I got was name, address, phone number, relatives, and marital status (mine was wrong).

Please file against Net Detective with the FTC
You will need this info
Net Detective-Harris digital publishing
1392 S Woodland BLVD
Deland Florida 32720 USA
phone 386-736-3881

Also file with the BBB for central florida

I've read reports all over the web about people being scammed from these people. One person states that none of the customers who give testimonials can be found in the database! I also check up their claim that they are endorsed by the National Association of Private investigators, and no such (legitamate) organisation exists!

Grand Rapids, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2006 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Detective/Deland-Florida-32720/Net-Detective-Mislead-actual-product-not-what-advertised-Deland-Florida-221002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Detective

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I got back a response from Net Detective, which was EXACTLY the same as response Number 2. They did not address my complaint, just stating that they have a 100 percent guarantee, which I don't much care about, I wanted an answer to my complaint! As I was busy I didn't get it sent back in time so now the file is closed in favor of Net Detective, just as many are resolved I'm sure. Anyway I have tried to log back on to my account which I paid for and it says "e-mail not found!" I'm going to file another complaint. I should at least be able to use the worthless service if I should so choose.

starting round 3

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I have complained to the BBB in Central florida, and I get a letter back stating that I agreed to the terms of service and that I should send in the refund form. I write back stating that it is not the refund I'm concerned about, it's the false advertising and deceptive practices. I get another response back exactly the same as the first. This week I'll send the letter in again.

How is the promise of a refund somehow wash away all responsibility for a truthful site? I have a feeling these people know what they are doing and they are just skirting the law to remain legal. If they were honest legitimate business they would change their practices, instead they are so profitable they will put up with the complaints knowing there are plenty of suckers out there like I was.