replace

• Submitted: Sat, November 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2008

• Reported By:Tamarac Florida
Net Detective
1392 S. Woodland Blvd. Deland, Florida U.S.A.

Net Detective What a scam! Deland Florida

*Author of original report: Net Detective suspected of ID theft?

Net Detective must be he biggest on-line scam out there! I paid my $29.00 and when I tried to find information out on someone, they want you to sign up for an upgraded product in order to find anything out! I found out more information on the free "zabasearch.com" site! After trying for approximately 30 minutes to navigate the Net Detective site I went to my phone and called the credit card company I used to pay the $29.00. They immediately cancelled the $29.00, no questions asked and did not even contact Net Detective.

I'd say they had experience with this company. Like someone else on this site, I chose Net Detective after reading an on-line recommendation by a consumer reports site who recommended 3 on-line detective type sites, Net Detective being number one and getting the "consumers award" for best site. My feeling is Net Detective operates that site as well.

J. conner
Tamarac, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2008 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Detective/Deland-Florida/Net-Detective-What-a-scam-Deland-Florida-391597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Detective

Net Detective suspected of ID theft?

AUTHOR: J. conner - (U.S.A.)

After cancelling Net Detective (through my credit card) AND returning the paperwork Net Detective mailed to cancel my account , I received a message yesterday from the Fraud Department of the credit card that was used for the Net Detective site (I only used this card to make one purchase and that was Net Detective) asking me if I had made an on-line charge through an out of state auto parts store for $7.97. I told them I hadn't and they said they were going to cancel the card. They told me when fraud is committed, they only charge a small amount to your card the first time (the $7.97) and then if it goes through, they charge as much as they can. Thank God my credit card company picked up on this. I plan on notifying the Florida Attorney General's office regarding this company and I hope others will do the same.