Complaint Review: Net Detective

• Reported By:Poughkeepsie New York
Net Detective
netdetective.com Internet U.S.A.

Net Detective Call your credit card company and get the charge removed Internet

Net Detective employs phony consumer guide articles praising itself. I purchased it and found the data next to worthless. It then told me I had to pay more to get the services it had promised. My credit card company called me out of the blue (Chase) asking me about the purchase. Net Detective purchases create an alert and they offered to back off the charge because of its bad reputation. I said no because I hadn't tried it yet. What a mistake.

When I tried it out, I tried to check on a neighbor of mine. It only gave the the name of the former owner who sold it and moved away three years ago.
In not a single case did it give useful information UNLESS I was willing to pay more for it. I found zabasearch, which is free, to provide far more useful information.

Nate
Poughkeepsie, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2007 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Detective/internet/Net-Detective-Call-your-credit-card-company-and-get-the-charge-removed-Internet-272658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Detective