Complaint Review: Net Detective

• Updated: Fri, January 07, 2005

• Reported By:reno Nevada
Net Detective
http://www.netdetective.tv Nationwide U.S.A.

Net Detective BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE ripoff, poor customer service, rude, unfair, not helpful, Internet

I bought a copy of their confusing software from a seller on ebay. I emailed customer support asking why my version of the software was not working. They basically called me a thief and said my copy of the software was pirated. I told them I bought a legitimate copy, and had TWO receits of purchase I could fax/mail in to PROVE that I had infact bought a copy of their software.

They told me to stop emailing them as I was "spamming" them for not understanding how their faulty product with 10 million different versions worked. Well, I emailed a rival company offering a similiar product (on ebay) and asked if they knew what the problem was.

Even though they made NO money off me, they told me that Net Detective was available soley online, and the copy that I had bought from Ebay was probably a pirated copy.

Very simple customer service gesture from their rival company, so I returned the product and bought the rival companies software.

Net Detective is a not very customer service oriented. They will offer NO help in situations you can get yourself into, because there are several versions of their software available. I have never stole software before from anyone, I buy my software and Net Detective is only a 30 dollar piece of software. Very insulting to be called a thief when you did something that was completely unintentional, and this company would rather insult you and call you stupid, then simply state the software is pirated and please buy a copy from them, as the seller was not affiliated with the company in anyway.

reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2005 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Detective/nationwide/Net-Detective-BAD-BUSINESS-PRACTICE-ripoff-poor-customer-service-rude-unfair-not-helpf-126356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Detective