Complaint Review: Net Spend

• Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 18, 2009

• Reported By:colo springs Colorado
Net Spend
Po Box 2136 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Net Spend LOAN SHARKS,PIRATES,USURERS, Austin Texas

Net spend represents its self as a safe convenient way to spend your money.
they charge you $3.00 to put money on your card and $1.00 every time you use your card.If you use your card at an ATM they charge you $4.95 plus the user fee of that ATM.
I singed up for this and knew the charges.What they dont tell you is if you use the card at a gas station,and pay at the pump they put on hold anywhere from $57.00 to $100.00 until the station you used enters its receipts for the day? week? month?.
I started the day with a balance of $52.70 [5/18/09].Went to the gas station for $10.00 worth of gas. went to a fast food restaurant for $7.00 worth of fo
od.My card was turned down.
I went home got on line to review my account and found a debit of $56.00 [remember my balance was $52.70].
I called customer service [LOL] and was told my money was on hold until the gas station posted there receipts.I asked why there card could not read a $10.00 purchase and was told I had to enter the store and make my purchase at the counter.? apparently they dont have the technolegy to read a gas pump scanner.?? But they can read any other scanner.
SO if I ever see my money again my $10.00 gas purchase will now cost me $14.30. I have more to say but im out of room.Yes very convenient,for them.

David
colo springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Spend/Austin-Texas-78768-2136/Net-Spend-LOAN-SHARKSPIRATESUSURERS-Austin-Texas-453054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Spend