Complaint Review: Net Spend

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 12, 2009

• Reported By:Houston, Texas
Net Spend
netspend.com/account/corp.m Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Net Spend Holding My Money Hostage Austin Texas

I am having a HUGH issue with Netspend; my husband's tax refund was to be deposited into my account. I received an email that there was an issue with my account.
I called in and spoke to someone who could hardly speak English I was told I needed to fax MY W2 MY tax return and my husbands SS and DL. I faxed over all the requested information three times because I was told it was never received.

Then I called this morning and was told my account was closed and they would mail me my money in about 20 days. I was told this after I was on hold for over 45 minutes and transferred too three different people. I am so upset right now because ALL of my money was on the card.
I'm not concerned about my husband's tax refund the IRS will mail that however they are holding the money I had before that hostage. Can anyone tell me what I should do?

Lishali1977
Houston,, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Spend/Austin-Texas-78768/Net-Spend-Holding-My-Money-Hostage-Austin-Texas-423319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Spend