Complaint Review: Net Spend

• Updated: Mon, September 06, 2010

• Reported By: sunday — Sheboygan Wisconsin United States of America
Net Spend

Net Spend Ripped Me OFF Big Time, Internet

Do not acquire a net spend pre-paid card. I activated mine in Nov 2009. I used it a couple of times and could not a reload center to put money on it. I went to Walmart and finally found someone with intelligence enough to do it. I put 75.00 on the card left Walmart and went home to check the balance online. I knew I had a 6.45 charge on it, from 3months ago. I looked at the account this morning and saw that they not only took that charge they took a 5.95 charge out for an account maintenance fee along with 2 .50 chrgs for IVR inquiry, which I didn't make.

I called Net Spend and they told me that the 5.95 charge was because I didn't use the card for 90 days. So after putting 75.00 on the card I decided to go take out what was left of 61.29 I got 40.00 and I charged 13.00 in gas I just went online to netspend to cancel my card, they told me I didn't hve enough on the card for the 5.95 transaction fee to cancel. Now 2minutes ago I went to my account online and noticed they just charged me .50 for calling to complain.

WOW.. Believe me I am going to bring them down.... How wrong is this?

Financial Institutions -$43.00 $14.29
Financial Institutions -$2.50 $57.29
Financial Institutions -$1.00 $59.79
09/06/2010 Debit: Balance Inquiry - Customer Support Agent Balance Inquiry -$0.50 $60.79
09/06/2010 Account maintenance fee Other -$5.95 $61.29
09/05/2010 Collection: IVR Balance Inquiry Fee IVR Balance Inquiry Fee -$0.50 $67.24
09/05/2010 Collection: IVR Balance Inquiry Fee IVR Balance Inquiry Fee -$0.50 $67.74
09/05/2010 Deposit @ MoneyGram Location Loads $75.00 $68.24

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2010 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Spend/internet/Net-Spend-Ripped-Me-OFF-Big-Time-Internet-638127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Spend