Complaint Review: Net Spend

• Updated: Fri, April 06, 2007

• Reported By:Lewisville Texas
Net Spend
Nationwide Nationwide U.S.A.

Net Spend Ripped us and our inlaws off. Didn't tell us they were going to charge us. Ripoff All Over Nationwide

In April of 2006 I purchased a Visa Gift card worth $25.00 and paid a total of $30.00 for it. I gave the gift card to my in-laws in April of 2006. My in-laws decided to save the gift card for there next anniversary, a year later. In April of 2007 my in-laws decided to go out to dinner and use the Visa gift card, when they went to pay for the dinner there was no money on the gift card. On April 6, 2007 I called Netspent(1-800-699-9708) and told them the account number expires 11/07. I spoke to Larane ID# 010991 at 5:30pm, and she said because the gift card was not used within six months there was a maintenance fee of $4.95 charged every month after the sixth month. Which by the twelfth month there was no balance left on the gift card. Larane said there was nothing she could do and I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was then transferd to Erica ID# 2062 at 5:36pm, Erica then told me everything the previous person had told me and then added that the only amount she could refund is $4.95, that's all. I then asked her if our conversation was being recorded and she said yes and then i said goodbye. I was not informed that there was a maintance fee. Or that after six months of non use the account becomes dormant. If I would have known this I would have never even purchases a Visa gift card, knowing that my in-laws would save it for there next anniversary.

Lewisville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2007 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Spend/nationwide/Net-Spend-Ripped-us-and-our-inlaws-off-Didnt-tell-us-they-were-going-to-charge-us-Ripof-242747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Spend