Complaint Review: Net Talk.com

• Submitted: Fri, April 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 04, 2012

• Reported By: consumer advocate — Sacramento California United States of America
Net Talk.com

Net Talk.com a complete VOIP telephone scam! Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Really Liked - Until!!

*Consumer Comment: I have Nettalk and it works fine

Net Talk is a complete scam, representing themselves as similar to "Magic Jack" Voice Over Internet (VOIP) telephone service, only better. Their modem is junk, calls drop or fail to connect, and call quality is so poor people often can't hear you. Their service completely crashed April 5th 2012, after malfunctioning frequently the day before. Today, April 6th, it has completely crashed for 24 hours. I was on hold for tech support for TWO HOURS, only to have the agent hang up on me because she couldn't hear me speaking on my cell phone, which works perfectly! Because I've had their junk modem for more than 30 days (about 4 months), I can't get a refund for it or the entire year of service I paid for at the beginning ($30). This a con job, pure and simple fraud. Don't be suckered like I was!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Talkcom/internet/Net-Talkcom-a-complete-VOIP-telephone-scam-Internet-Internet-865011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Talk.com

Really Liked - Until!!

AUTHOR: S Wulf - (United States of America)

I have the net talk which I enjoyed until I didn't read the fine print of 3000 min cap per month now that I went over after owning it for 3 months I am put into a high usage plan which is 3 cents per min for the remainder of my 9 months with free incoming.  I have heard of people having the same problem and I know calling customer service is a total waste of time. I get the run around and they don't have an answer or they do and they don't want to tell you because it's not what you want to know or hear and they know it's wrong.  I found with most of the free or unlimited phone services that there is a limit anywhere from 3000 to 5000 per month which they consider "normal" usage. I'm guessing that's for people who work 10 hours shift in a day come home and don't touch the phone. I am an at home mom who's most of my friends are at home moms so we spend all day chatting.  I would say read the fine print when purchasing and I do mean the real real fine print because when I log on to the net talk and type in "high usage plan" it doesn't bring up anything as if I made that term up. I guess when it comes to how things work that's why it's so cheap compared to the companies that charge a large monthly fee. It's a cross your fingers kind of luck of the draw you either get the lemon or you get a good one.  The problem is we let these companies get away with so many misleading terms that they are the one that always win and the consumer ends up at the bottom.

I agree about magicjack I went to purchase the new one off my old magicjack ordered it and it charged me full price even though the advertisement on my dialing screen said half off because I was already a customer. When I called the customer service they said it was last weeks special (of course no date) 3 weeks later still looking at the same great deal.  I looked up Ooma unlimited for 9.99 a month well there limit is 5000 min. (unlimited:  in the dictionary means "No Limits" "infinity", without limit), magicjack 5000?? they really wouldn't give me an actual answer just its free and thank you have a nice day. :) I wish you luck with getting results or finding an honest company that doesn't do the games if you do let the rest of us know because everyone is looking to find a company like that.

I have Nettalk and it works fine

AUTHOR: 8307c4 - (United States of America)

I have never had any problems although once it did crash and it is simply a matter of being patient, they are a small company who work 9-5 M-F you can't call these people 24/7 but that is ok because they even log on to my pc from remote and fix the problem from within like I have never seen anyone do such magic repair before and my phone work pretty much all of the time so if you have problems with Nettalk just be patient and call / email support and they will help you!