Complaint Review: Net10 wireless

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Mad1 — Dothan Alabama United States of America
Net10 wireless

Net10 wireless decieved Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: READ the "Fine Print"

I purchased a net10 package last month that advertises bring ur own phone.  I was not aware that I would not be able to send pictures or access the web by not using their phone.

So I was stuck with a 50.00 unlimited plan that advertises talk, text, and web.. but all i could do was talk and text.  So today I go online to renew my monthly plan.  I figured since all I can do is talk and text, that I will just purchase a 25.00 card.

I called to renew my plan and was told that with my phone it only uses the unlimited 50.00 card. I was furious.  He said that so the card will not go to waste, to go and purchase another 25.00 card and call back with both pin numbers and they would convert them to the 50.00 unlimited plan.

I called back with both pin numbers and was transferred to someone who told me they were sorry but the no longer convert the cards!  That there was nothing that they could do, and if i wanted to use the cards that I would have to use them with a net10 phone.  I wanted to curse them out , but i didnt.

I called back again and they said oh yes sure we can convert those cards let me transfer you.  I was transferred and again told that they were sorry but they don't convert cards, and it was a miscommunication when i was told to purchase a second card.

I wonder how many people they have done this to.  It is a ripoff and I will not be using their service ever again , i will have to just eat this 50.00 in cards that i have purchased.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net10-wireless/internet/Net10-wireless-decieved-Internet-1017082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net10 wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

READ the "Fine Print"

AUTHOR: Jeremy - ()

I came here (Ripoff Report) as I so often do upon seeing an ad on t.v., visiting the site of the product/service presented, AND upon reading any and everything about that site.  I go to the "bottom" (scroll down on your screen) of ANY webpage I'm visiting and I look to see if there is a link entitled "site map".  Well, I did so at this particular website and, lo-and-behold, there was a "link" (page) entitled "terms and conditions" (amongst others).  Of course, I clicked on THAT link (I'd like to know the "terms and conditions" prior to reading your sites' sales pitch) to find out what I, as a potential customer, might want to "know" along with what this company "expected" me to agree to; prior to switching my service.  In short, the ad on t.v. sounded too good to be true (which is why I now find myself here) so; I elected to a bit of "investigating".

I read this company's terms of service, policies, rules, regulations, contract, etc. in addition to the "loosely-defined" offering they were willing to extend in exchange for my patronage.  My personal interpretation:  Are they "legal" (through interpretation of U.S. law)?  Uh-huh.  Would I let them "watch my children" while I'm away?  Umm, NO!  Of course, this is a "personal" interpretation/response from a prospective consumer.LOL

I DEFY AND CHALLENGE ANY member, employee, representative, officer, organizer, counselor, or other "appointee" of this company to engage in an effort to rebuke my comments herein or otherwise seek to silence what I am stating and/or have otherwise stated!

Visit this company's website and CAREFULLY review the "terms and conditions".  THEY wrote them (albeit "poorly" in my humble opinion) and YOU will be subject to these very terms if you elect to "business" or otherwise engage in commerce with this company.

"Buyer" be-aware (that's not a typo nor an indication of our lack of understanding of the term).