Complaint Review: NetFlix

• Submitted: Tue, June 09, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 18, 2009

• Reported By:Millersport Ohio
NetFlix
www.netflix.com Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

NetFlix and Their 'Queue' is a rip off. Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Comment: never had a problem

*Consumer Comment: did you talk to their customer service?

*Consumer Comment: R U Sure?

NetFlix 'Queue' The biggest rip off around

We had our NetFlix account for a few months now. In the beginning everything was great. Then all of a sudden, we started noticing all the movies we were selecting were coming up with wait times. To the extent that there wasn't a movie we chose that did not have a wait time. To experiment this rip off, I selected the 2003 sleeper 'A Wrinkle in Time'.

A movie that just had to be available. When I entered it into my 'Queue' it said now available, so I thought, OK maybe my theory wasn't right. But I woke up the next morning to see the 2003 movie was now on a 'short wait'. Was there an overnight sudden demand in 'A Wrinkle in Time'? No, it is just BS.

NetFlix is a scam. Once they see you are a frequent user they slow down your views by playing with the 'availability'. I would speculate that a new Netflix user in my region selected 'A Wrinkle in Time' right now, it would be available. Oh yeah, we entered the movie 'Australia' in April to our 'Queue'. Still not available I guess. That was 2 months ago. So after all this and another day without NetFlix sending me a movie, I ended my account. Hope this helps someone to not let them rip you off.

Patkelly80
Millersport, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2009 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetFlix/Columbus-Ohio/NetFlix-and-Their-Queue-is-a-rip-off-Columbus-Ohio-460270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetFlix

never had a problem

AUTHOR: shayna - (U.S.A.)

i have been with netflix for a few years now and i have never had a problem with them. i do occassionally have a movie not be available if it's a new release or if it's part of the season of a show that is getting ready to have a season premier and people are trying to recall what happend in the previous season, but for the most part, i never wait long. there are also times when it says a long wait on a movie but it still ships out to me. there has never been an issue and i love netflix. i have had the 3 at a time plan and never go without movies. i have referred so many people to netflix and will continue to do so.

did you talk to their customer service?

AUTHOR: Nyxmoxie - (U.S.A.)

Did you talk to their customer service department? That's very strange. I've never had any issues with Netflix. Ever. Some of their movies do have wait times, that's just how it is, people put them on their list earlier and thus the rest of us have to wait. But it shouldn't be that way for every movie. Did you try to work it out with them first?

R U Sure?

AUTHOR: Jocko - (U.S.A.)

I was with them for a few years and never had any issues, but you have to expect with everyone at home saving money by not going out of course there is going to be a back log.