Complaint Review: NetGrocer.com

• Submitted: Fri, March 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By: Anon. — Rhode Island U.S.A.
NetGrocer.com

NetGrocer.com Poor Products, Questional Service, Internet

Thinking of using NetGrocer.com for purchasing food, then think twice.   I choose them because I am physically challenged and need to order in food.  I will find some other way to do this.

As for Net Grocer.com  I would not rate them as exceptional, in fact I would say from a customer perspective they need a lot of work.   They are part of a local Shop Rite food store located in NJ selling items.   My issue was that all the non-frozen food that was parishable came frozen, and some items just never got on the order.

Initially I called apparently after hours and got a Shop Rite Store, had not clue that this was an operation working out of a Shop Rite Local Grocery Store in NJ.  Got dropped 4 times, and then sent them an email.

They did respond quicky to the first call and seem really nice, offered to send the package again.   Also checked on the missing items.   The missing items made it the next day but everything was frozen again.   This time I called, left a message and got no response.  One cannot use produce or milk products, etc. that come frozen.  Once they thaw you better use them and quickly.  Most of it I will just have to toss out.

Called back, and got a much less friendly attitude.  WHen I stated I wanted the products re-shipped much to my surprise I was told I would have to pack everything back up, and have it ready for FedEx.  That was NEVER mentioned on the first call.  The CS person made the statement  that this was unusual (not by the complaints I have seen), and because it was such a large item to send all this food back.

NO WAY, the food was not good, so why would I send it back.  Why would you want it back.  I had already put it in the fridge so it would not leak all over my house, or start to smell

The comment from the Customer Service Agent was, well if it was not good why would you put it in the fridge.  To me that was saying I was trying to RIP THEM OFF. Why would I do that, for what purpose.

Bottom line I was not going pack that all back again, let it sit around my house to rot, and what were they going to do with it?   She kept saying such a large order.  The only reason someone would want the items back would be to sell them?

Anyway, there are other ways to get items, and for less.  It is too bad they used to be a much better company before the former folks left and apparently new ones took over.  Do yourself a favor stay clear of NetGrocer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetGrocercom/internet/NetGrocercom-Poor-Products-Questional-Service-Internet-578630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetGrocer.com