Complaint Review: NetQuote

• Reported By: kosterhout — Reno Nevada
NetQuote
Internet, Select State/Province USA

NetQuote Fraudulent release of information Internet

I have received multiple quotes from multiple insurance companies for a car I have never owned, never looked at, never wanted to own, nor do I know anyone who owns this car. After contacting the insurance companies, they informed me that they received the leads from this company, NetQuote. I have never utilized this company's services nor have I ever authorized that they release my personal information to third parties. I have literally no idea how they received my information.

The car that was listed on the insurance quotes makes no sense to me. I would never look at a car like the one listed on the quote, and I've never known anyone who does own it. There is no way I've ever filled out any form asking for quotes for that car. Ever. I am not the only victim here. It's obvious they're buying information and plugging in bogus information that they then sell to their subscribers. Shameful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetQuote/Internet-Select-StateProvince/NetQuote-Fraudulent-release-of-information-Internet-1108133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetQuote