Complaint Review: NetSpend Corporation

NetSpend Corporation
Austin, Texas United States of America

NetSpend Corporation Confiscating Income Tax Refunds Austin, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

I filed my taxes at least 7 years now with Turbotax. This year they decided to use NetSpend (third party company) as a method to receive my income tax return. I received an email on 2/7/13 that my refund of $9,500 had been deposited to my NetSpend prepaid card. I received the actual card on 2/8/13.

On 2/8/13 I called the activation number 855 646 8848. I followed the instructions of the automated system. The system responded "we are transferring this call to a customer service specialist. This rep proceedrd to tell me that there is a block on my card and I needed to fax my SS card, DL card, w2 and light bill in order to remove the block. They said this would take place 48 hours after they receive my documents.

On 2/11/13 I called for a status on the hold and was more documents were needed to prove my identity. So I faxed my tax return that shows my name, social, address and the NetSpend direct deposit account number yjat matches the card info I received in the mail. On 2/12/13 another rep confirmed documents received and it should take 48 hours for this hold to be removed.

I have twittered my complaints to @IRSnews, @FDICgov, @DHSgov, @FTC, @CentralTexasBBB and @BarackObama. This company refuses to remove this hold and today a rep @NetSpend told me "by law" they can keep my tax refund.

America wake up, this is a form of terriorism and I won't be surprised if they are confiscating income tax refunds to fund their organization

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetSpend-Corporation/Austin-Texas-78768/NetSpend-Corporation-Confiscating-Income-Tax-Refunds-Austin-Texas-1013248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetSpend Corporation

NetSpend

AUTHOR: Travis - (USA)

We apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your account. We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of your account.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this.

We look forward to speaking with you and we should be able to get this resolved quickly.

NetSpend