Complaint Review: NetSpend

• Reported By: tiffaneys — Alpharetta Georgia United States of America
POBOX 2136, Austin, TX 78768 Internet United States of America

NetSpend Blocked my refund on a Friday at 4 pm! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

My tax refund was issued on Thursday and i received a voice mail from Netspend on Friday at 4pm that my card had been blocked for fraud prevention. I didnt listen to the voice mail until Friday at 5 pm because I had car trouble and was at the rental car agency getting ready to use my card to rent a car. it wasnt until then that my card was declined. I didnt get any prior notification nor was I aware that they could block my funds. When I spoke with someone they said, Im sorry but that department is closed, but you need to fax a copy of your social security card, drivers license, utility bill before they can release funds. But it will take at least 48 hours before the funds are released. So, its Friday at 5:15 and that means once I fax it it will take 2 days before I can even use MY money! Turbo Tax does not tell you that this could possibly happen if you have your money loaded on this card because I could have just put it in my account. They dont give you any kind of warning or anything! I have used the turbo tax debit cards for 4 years and never had this happen before. I am really disappointed and if I have to use this debit card service again i wont be using Turbo Tax.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetSpend/internet/NetSpend-Blocked-my-refund-on-a-Friday-at-4-pm-Internet-1026794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetSpend

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - (United States of America)

We understand your frustration in regards to the request of further verification but it is meant to protect not only your account but your identity as well. Once we receive your documents we will review them and make your deposit available as soon as your identity has been verified.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed as soon as possible.