Complaint Review: NetSpend

• Updated: Tue, April 16, 2013

• Reported By: Sloan — Elk Grove California

NetSpend MetaBank Tax Return Thieves!!! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

On Thursday, April 4, 2013 I received my 2012 Tax return via pre paid credit card thru Netspend.  I made a few small purchases that evening, but when I went to make a withdraw at a grocery store the receipt said Not Approved!  I called NetSpend and spoke with customer service and they told me that they placed a hold on the account and that I needed to send them a copy of a government ID, social security card and proof of address.  Although they never gave me a legitimate reason for putting a hold on my funds, I sent what they asked for.  They responded that the proof of address wasn't sufficient enough for them because it wasn't a utility bill or tax return.  I stated to them that I didn't have any of those items because I don't pay the utilities where I reside and most of my mail still goes to the old address.  On April 11th I then sent the W-2 with the old address that still matches my CA ID.  They still rejected the document and today is Monday, April 15th and I still haven't received my funds.  I've read many complaints  against this company and I believe they should be put out of business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetSpend/internet/NetSpend-MetaBank-Tax-Return-Thieves-Internet-1043358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetSpend

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - ()

We are very sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with our service. We understand your frustration, but we can assure you the block on your account was placed for your protection.

We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this and request that you send your information to feedback@netspend.com.