dried

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: ChristyR13 — Rio Hondo Texas United States of America
NetSpend

NetSpend temporarily blocked my account... Internet

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

I decided to get a NetSpend card when I filed my taxes online. I received my tax return. Now, I am having trouble accessing my account. I was told to fax over my driver's license, social security card, and a bill to show proof of residency. So I did. They told me they would unlock my account within 24 hours. That means I was supposed to have access to my account since YESTERDAY. They keep on adding more and more time every time I call them. "Oh, give it another 24 hours." This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that they need to verify my identity, but they shouldn't take this long.

As soon as I have access to my account, I'm taking the money out and CLOSING this stupid pre-paid/debit card. Oh, and good luck trying to get someone in customer service that speaks English fluently.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetSpend/internet/NetSpend-temporarily-blocked-my-account-Internet-1007294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetSpend

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - (United States of America)

We understand your frustration and apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your account.  We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of your account.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this. We look forward to speaking with you and we should be able to get this resolved quickly.

AUTHOR: Travis - (USA)

We apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your account. We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of your account.