Complaint Review: NetSpend

• Updated: Fri, August 08, 2014

• Reported By: LMC20720 — Bowie Maryland
NetSpend
Nationwide USA

NetSpend Ace Elite Card and Walgreens NetSpend Gift Cards Purchased at Walgreens - Got No Money and No Refund Nationwide

I purchased a NetSpend gift card from Walgreens on July 15, 2014. When I tried to upload the money to my card, I got a text alert saying that my card had been blocked due to suspicious activiity, and that I needed to call NetSpend to remove the block. When I called NetSpend, I was told that the card showed "not purchased" and I could either go back to Walgreens and have them swipe the card again, or email my receipt and the number on the back of the card to documents@netspend.com and wait 10 business days for them to do an investigation.

I went back to Walgreens and they said that once the card is sold, there's nothing they can do. So, I spent the next two days on the phone with NetSpend customer service agents trying to get some resolution quicker than 10 business days for a $500 transaction. I was given the runaround, left on hold for over an hour several times, told that they don't have a corporate office that I could contact, and was basically told I would have to continue waiting for them to do their investigation. [continued below]....

.....

I emailed the requested documents to NetSpend on July 18th, and waited 10 business days with no response. I contacted them on August 2nd, and was told that the matter was still under review and I would have to wait an additional 5 days. It has now been 21 days (15 business days), and I still have not received a refund or response from Walgreens or NetSpend.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2014 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetSpend/nationwide/NetSpend-Ace-Elite-Card-and-Walgreens-NetSpend-Gift-Cards-Purchased-at-Walgreens-Got-N-1168362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetSpend