Complaint Review: NetZero Internet Service Provider

• Updated: Sun, June 19, 2005

• Reported By:Salisbury Maryland
NetZero Internet Service Provider
netzero.com Internet U.S.A.

NetZero Internet Service Provider ripoff, dishonest billing, impossible to cancel, ignore email requests to cancel Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good info

*Consumer Comment: I AM ON HOLD AT THIS MOMENT

*Consumer Comment: DITO, Something NEEDS to be done about this scam

I was a subscriber to Netzero internet for some time. When I decided to go with a higher speed access system, I attempted to contact them to cancel my account. I was told that I had to call an 800 number to cancel.

I called this number, and nobody ever picked up the line. I sat on hold the first time for well over 30 minutes. I have since attempted to call several other times, all with the same result. My final attempt was yesterday, after four months of trying, and I still could not get anyone to answer my call.

I sent another email to them informing them that I want to cancel, and will not authorize any further charges to my card. I refuse to call the number again because it is obviously pointless. I suppose this is how they keep customers - they just don't let them cancel. That is ridiculous, and I am wondering if I am the only one.

I am contacting my bank today to request a block be put on my credit card, or even close out the credit card just to get them to get the message. I have never seen such poor customer service, nor have I ever had to report a company for charging me repeatedly for services that I no longer need or want. I would imagine that I am out the 5 months of charges, but hopefully in the future they will correct their system so that nobody else has to go through what I have had to endure with them.

They are all about customer service when you sign up with them, but when you need them, you can't find an email address, or nobody bothers to answer the telephone. It is frustrating and, in my opinion, fraudulent.

Salisbury, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2005 05:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetZero-Internet-Service-Provider/internet/NetZero-Internet-Service-Provider-ripoff-dishonest-billing-impossible-to-cancel-ignore-145035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetZero Internet Service Provider

Good info

AUTHOR: Russ - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for the heads up. I was just going to contact them about signing up for thier internet services.

After seeing these reports ,I think not.I'll try my luck elsewhere .

AUTHOR: Yasmin - (U.S.A.)

It is so funny because I cancelled in Dec....yet I keep seeing that I am getting charged.
THis sucks. I told the bank to stop drafting..they owe me 115.15..
I am holding forever...and I emailed to cancel already a LONG time ago.
I need to change my card or something...

DITO, Something NEEDS to be done about this scam

AUTHOR: Jake - (U.S.A.)

WOW, your definatly not the only one, read my report and all the others too on this site. Something NEEDS to be done about this scam, they are taking my patience, and my money.

At least I know Im not alone :)