Complaint Review: NetZero - United Online

• Updated: Thu, January 10, 2008

• Reported By:Central New Hampshire
NetZero - United Online
www.netzero.com,www.untd.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Netzero A Division Of United Online This company would not cancel my account, and had been charging me for 3 years!! Nationwide

I had contacted NetZero by phone in October of 2005 asking there company to please cancell my internet service. I was ment with high pressure tactics by the phone representitive to keep my services on. They made promises of free and discount services as long as I continued my account. I told the phone representitive over and over I no longer wanted to keep my service. I was told it was going to be cancelled and I would no longer be billed.

I kept checking my bank statements and NetZero continued to charge my debit card. I made a second call in Febuary 2006 telling them to cancell my services. Once again I was ment with high pressure tactics by yet another phone representitive. I told the representitve that I no longer had a computer and they offered me a coupon to help purchase a computer!! How ridiculous!! I told them I did not want the coupon I just wanted my services stopped immediatly. Considering I had no computer I would not be needing them. A short time later I had received a coupon for $25 off a computer purchase in the mail from NetZero! This was truely pathetic. I thought my escapade with NetZero was over. Sadly I was mistaken.

I recently looked at a bank statement and noticed that NetZero was still charging me for services I had not used in 3 years!! I immediatly contacted them via the interent hoping this would go smoother then the phone calls. Ofcourse not there professional liars! They emailed me back stating I had contacted them via phone asking to cancell my services but I was "offered free months of service to continue with your HiSpeed services, to which you had agreed".

They had also stated that on the second call I had been "educated about the best buy offer to continue with your HiSpeed services, to which you had agreed". I am not quite sure how I was "educated" I just remember the representitive attempting to bully me into keeping the services for the computer I no longer had at that time. They even told me to just keep the services on so that eventually when I purchased a computer It would be ready to use. Hmm free money for NetZero!!

On both occasions I remember adimently stating that I no longer wanted NetZero's services and to cancell the account. To which the phone representitive had told me that the account would be closed and I would no longer be charged. Ive had two phone representitives lie to me. Now I find out they also stated I had agreed to keep service in there notes. Wow!! They are professional liars!

At this point I am now asking the account to be cancelled which it still is not!! I also have requested all the back charges from October 2005 to present day be refunded. So far I have been denied both on four seperate occasions. I decided to search online to see if anyone else has had these problems. I have turned up numerouse complaints against NetZero for the same things. They have horrible business practices!! They must be stopped and held accountable for what they are doing!! I am hoping that by writting about my experiences with NetZero that others will be warned. They have cost me thousands of dollars now.

I would not reccomend this company to anyone and I will be telling everyone who will listen to me about my experiences. I have also found out that they are part of a larger company called United Online. They also run Juno, Mysite, Classmates.com, and mypoints. I suggest seriously thinking about it before agreeing to use these sites and giving them your credit card numbers. THEY MAY NEVER STOP CHARGING YOU!!

Central, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2008 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetZero-United-Online/nationwide/Netzero-A-Division-Of-United-Online-This-company-would-not-cancel-my-account-and-had-been-298986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetZero - United Online