Complaint Review: NetZero

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2007

• Reported By:Jefferson City Tennessee
NetZero
21301 Burbank Blvd. Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

NetZero ripoff my money with inferior service and poor customer service that prevents you from cancelling before 30 days so that they do not have to give a refund that is advertized about and then strings you along so they can continue to bill you and then charges a cancellation fee Woodland Hills California

*Author of original report: Netzero is United Online

I received a disc from Radio Shack for netzero internet service. I signed up on-line.

I tried to contact them because I was unhappy about the service. A recorded message told me that I would have to pay for tech suport and to have my credit card ready.

I tried to cancel and the rep always said that their server was down and instructed me to call back in a couple of hours. I asked them to take a message and also asked them to call me back. They said they could not do that and told me to call back.

I sent them an e-mail and told them that I wanted to cancel the service. I went to the website and pressed the cancel button.

They sent me an e-mail instructing me to call them. I tried several times with the same result. Servers are down and call back.

They sent me a survey to fill out asking what I was unhappy about and then stopped contacting me. Given what I said about being unhappy with the internet service and their customer service and support departments you would have thought that they would want to speak to me to resolve my issues. They chose to ignore me and continued to bill my account for services that I was not using.

Today I finally got them on the phone and asked if their servers were working before I explained what my call was about. They said that I had to speak with a cancellation rep before the service could be cancelled. That rep told me that I would have to pay a cancellation fee of $25.00. After that she tried to sell me additional services that I did not want. I had to go through a lot of no's to accomplish my goal. I made it clear that I was unhappy with the service and the company.

No attempt was ever made on their part to address my issues or make amends. All I got was a stern warning that I would have to pay the cancellation fee; even after I explained that I had tried to contact them within the first few weeks. Her only goal was sales and up-sells.

This company makes it hard to cancel and cares nothing about good customer service. Their only goal is to stall you so that they can continue to be paid for unused services.

Deborah
Jefferson City, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetZero/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/NetZero-ripoff-my-money-with-inferior-service-and-poor-customer-service-that-prevents-you-239809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetZero

Netzero is United Online

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

United Online is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with offices in New York, NY; Fort Lee, NJ; Renton, WA; San Francisco, CA; Schaumburg, IL; Orem, UT; Erlangen, Germany; and Hyderabad, India.

United Online's Communications - NetZero (netzero.com), Juno (juno.com) and BlueLight Internet (bluelightinternet.com).

Too bad that they are so big that they cannot remember that it was customers that got them there. Now they just want your money.