stick

• Reported By:fort worth Texas
NetZero
netzero.net/ Internet U.S.A.

NetZero, NetZero SCAM Internet

I signed up for the NetZero free trial offer about 3 years ago by downloading software from a CD I got for free from BestBuy. I tried their offer for less than 10 days, and decided to cancel the services. I called and cancelled.

Well, it turned out that my account was been debited inspite of the cancellation. Their records show that I had activated their services in april 2007. But I did not do that.

After I downloaded their software, I tried to delete it, and could never completely get it out of my computor. I thought it is illegal to hide software in other programs.

I used their product for less than 10 days, well within the free trial period. A trial is a trial. After the trial is over, they should ask if I want to continue. But they didn't. In any case I called and informed them, and I have been using another provider for years.

On asking them why they are charging me, they said I never cancelled their services. Yet the charges have started again from april 2007. I signed up for the free trial in aug of 2005. Also their records show I had never used their services. Yet they say they can't refund.

They are saying I never called, but I did. Its my word against theirs. Also three years ago, I changed my account #, yet they found the new #. I don't even live at that address, I don't have the telephone #, I had services from another provider for years, during the time they claim that I was signed up for their services.

Look this company is crooked. I could tell from their operators voice, that my complaint was not unique. After searching the internet, I realise that they definitely are crooked. If any one wants to file a class action suite, I am in.

Warning
fort worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2008 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetZero/internet/NetZero-NetZero-SCAM-Internet-404445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetZero