Complaint Review: NetZero

• Updated: Thu, December 24, 2009

• Reported By: rchattler — del rio Texas United States of America
NetZero

NetZero They will not let me cancel my account. Internet

*Consumer Comment: If they won't lisen to you, don't pay them

I have tried to cancel my account several times.  When I do it online or by email I receive the following response.

"For security reasons, cancellations are not processed over email, instead, please call us toll-free at 1-800-851-7908."

Isn't it strange that NetZero, an internet company can not cancel an account by email!!!

So I called and cancelled my account.  I was on hold for a long time and then I was connected to someone that I could not understand.  I just kept saying, cancel my account.  Just cancel my account.

Well, I am still being billed and I don't know what to do.

NetZero is a total ripoff!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2009 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetZero/internet/NetZero-They-will-not-let-me-cancel-my-account-Internet-544892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetZero

If they won't lisen to you, don't pay them

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

If they have direct withdrawl your bank can stop withdrawals, if they send you a bill in the mail it's even simpler, type a short note saying "I'm unable to contact you, discontinue sevice immediately" an send it instead of a check,

BEWARE, they'll try to stick you with "Ending your service early (Bullshit) Charges".

Good luck.