Complaint Review: Netfactor

• Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
Netfactor
6041 S. Syracuse Way, Internet United States of America

Netfactor VisitorTrack Stole and sold my website visitor data to my competitor, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Netfactor's VisitorTrack

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Now that the truth is out

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: netFactor Review

Netfactor also known as Visitor track provides a service where you install a piece of code on your website and then netfactor provides analytics about your visitors.

After using this service (Which is overpriced, google netfactor to find the same services at 10% of the cost) and cancelling the company 'sold' my visitor logs to the competition. One of my competitors was ethical enough to let me know what they were doing. This is highly unethical and illegal, and against their own 'terms of service'

After looking at what some of their employees are saying it looks like this company is going out of business and desperately trying to find ways to make money

Netfactor reviews
(((link redacted)))

Avoid this company at all costs. There are multiple other services that do the same or better at a fraction of the cost, and without the data security or solvency concerns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netfactor/internet/Netfactor-VisitorTrack-Stole-and-sold-my-website-visitor-data-to-my-competitor-Internet-1001187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netfactor

Netfactor's VisitorTrack

AUTHOR: Heather - ()

I have 15 years Digital Marketing experience, and I have not ever had as bad an experience as I had with Netfactor's Visitor Track. See the complaint below:

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Now that the truth is out

AUTHOR: Scott N - (United States of America)

This is one of the reasons I left the company, the user can judge for themselves if they search around. No one wants the henchmen sicked on them. I'd suggest people stay away and use their own judgement.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

netFactor Review

AUTHOR: netFactor - (United States of America)

The Internet provides a voice to all.  Regretfully, this forum has been used to spread untruths about our Company and business practices.  Some facts which may be helpful in interpreting these allegations are:

We do not nor have we ever made available a Clients data to any other party, at any price.

We are rigorous in our protection of the Clients data, and our practices are openly detailed here: http://www.netfactor.com/company/practices/

We are aware of others in this space who actively co-mingle their clients data and share it with others we do not.

We do not use nor have any access to our Clients log files.

The review above was written by someone who said their name is Paul, from Minneapolis.  We have no record of any customer with that name from the entire state of Minnesota.

We have examined our records for any related termination of services and can find no one named Paul.

After an investigation, we can find no reporting of this incident by Paul to any of our personnel.

At such time as a Client may terminate their services with us, the account is closed and the visitor data becomes inaccessible.

Were we to engage in the practices described above it would indeed be unethical.  We do not.

I am the Chief Executive Officer of the Company.  We hold to the highest standards of fair marketing practices and business ethics. Without the trust of our Clients around the world we would not have the continued growth of our business nor our leadership in the category.

Lets get to the bottom of this?  I invite the writer of the review above, or anyone who would like to contact me personally about this, to reach me at our offices in Denver, Colorado at 720   489  5534.

C. Jeffers