Complaint Review: Netfirms

• Submitted: Thu, December 08, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 08, 2011

• Reported By: ihatenetfirms — CROWNSVILLE Maryland United States of America

Netfirms Sold me a product which would not do what was promised then lied in support Internet

I purchased a web site from Netfirms and was told that the free CM4-Website Creator was limited to 3 pages, but if I were to buy the CM4-Website Creator Premium, I could add up to 9,999 pages. I purchased it.

Months later, I reached 9 pages and went to 10. I then attempted to add an 11th and received a message that "you may not add another page as you have 10". I filed a support request. I was told the problem was fixed the second day. it did not work. i was asked to clear cache and cookies. I did. still did not work.

I kept getting notified that the problem was resolved. This was transmitted to me 6 times in 3 days and when it did not work, I was asked to clear cache and cookies which I did. I was sent to another level of support.

I was told that I would not be contacted until the "bug" was fixed. Today, I received notification that the product had a limit of 10 pages all along and they were sorry. I was referred to a supervisor who said that it was indeed a bug and they would let me know when it was fixed.

I suggested that 11 days of my time and 11 days of a web developer's time were the issue -- not what I had paid for a non-performing product. I suggested that they might have another product that might work for me. I never even suggested that I wanted any kind of price break.

I told support that I felt that I should be refunded the money I had paid them for a product that would not work and if I weren't,  i would contact my attorney regarding my proper course of action. Once I mentioned the word "attorney" the senior support person said I can't help you anymore and hung up on me.

I would love all CM4 Premium clients to join me in a class-action suit to punish these thieves.  Iam thinking of filing a consumer fraud report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netfirms/internet/Netfirms-Sold-me-a-product-which-would-not-do-what-was-promised-then-lied-in-support-Inte-806893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netfirms