Complaint Review: Netflix, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, February 11, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 11, 2010

• Reported By: Charles Fowler — Boyd Texas United States of America
Netflix, Inc.

Netflix, Inc. Lied and schemed Internet

I at one time had netflix to get movies and watch streaming movies from the internet.
I had to cancel my subscription because of financial reasons, I finally got my finances under control and was able to order netflix again.
When I tried to use the mastercard that was given to me by Social Security, I was told that it wouldn't take prepaid credit cards.
I called customer service and asked if there was anything I could do to get around that and was told to purchase a gift card through netflix and that would unlock the account and allow the services to be reactivated.
I did just that, purchased the netflix gift card, and entered it into the system, then the website took me to where I was supposed to enter my credit card information.
I called customer service and they said, "we're sorry for the inconvenience, but for us to activate your account we will need a credit card." I told them what one of their reps had told me, again an apology and again the run around.
I am now stuck with a netflix gift card that I cannot use and out money that is hard to come by, especially for someone on disability and a fixed income every month, that doesn't give me but 650.00 a month.
People should be warned that Netflix will make us pay for their mistakes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netflix-Inc/internet/Netflix-Inc-Lied-and-schemed-Internet-567876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netflix, Inc.