Complaint Review: Netflix

• Submitted: Sun, January 15, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 01, 2012

• Reported By: Donna — Roanoke Virginia U.S.A.
Netflix
Los Gatos, California United States of America

Netflix 9 Customer Service Reps Especially Josh from Call Center in Denver Technical Support - They blamed Cox Cable and Samsung for their video not playing. I was even told they didn't know what was wrong. Los Gatos, California

*Consumer Comment: It's ALWAYS your fault

The last 3 days I lost the ability to see movies only through Netflix.  On 9 different calls within 24 hours, I was told different things from each Tech Support, all of them talked over me when I was talking or asking a question - never resolved the problem and blamed my internet provider, the samsung blue ray disc anyone! They refuse to take responsibility for their streaming not working. After having my internet provider come to my house and talk to me over the phone, and having Samsung exsorplain to me  how it was Netflix's problem, I left Netflix streaming and delivered video.  The last CSR Kim distinctly said she would send me a confirmation number for turning off the service and refund me my $23.98.  Well, I got a form letter and no confirmation #, I had to call back.  I am now going to the bank to make sure they don't continue to bill me as I have read on other complaints on Ripoff!

Customer service is a sorely needed service! No one that I have dealt with at Netflix, was knowledgeable in technical support and the majority down right rude.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2012 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netflix/Los-Gatos-California-/Netflix-9-Customer-Service-Reps-Especially-Josh-from-Call-Center-in-Denver-Technical-Suppo-823207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netflix

It's ALWAYS your fault

AUTHOR: Mossman - (United States of America)

I had a streaming Netflix account a few months ago, and the viewing experience was an exercise in frustration.

Apart from having an awful selection of movies available for streaming customers, I found that more often than not (literally 8-9 times out of 10) whatever I was watching would either repeatedly freeze in mid stream, stop playing altogether, or become otherwise unwatchable (pixelated, or otherwise distorted image).

Every single time I called their so-called customer service to complain, their rep was either condescending, insulting or just downright rude.  Their "diagnosis" of the problem was always a fault on MY end.  I'm sure they have a list of excuses that they're told to give people, rather than actually looking into the problem...  Not ONCE did anyone ever say: "I'm sorry sir... We'll have a technician look into that."  Over the course of several CS calls I was alternately told:

1) My internet connection is too slow to stream movies.

They don't ASK you what kind of internet connection you have, or what your dl speed is, they just flatly TELL you that it's too slow.  Which is BS, because I have a fast connection (I routinely get 15-20M dl speeds and don't have any trouble at all streaming from Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, etc.)

2) My computer is outdated/too slow/defective/etc.

Again, BS...  My computer was only a year old at the time with a dual core duo processor and 4G of RAM.  While it's not a top-shelf gaming system, it's fully capable of handling streaming video and then some.  You would think I told them I was trying to watch movies on a Commodore 64 or something.

On two separate occasions I was (very patronizingly) told how to find the serial # on my computer and contact the manufacturer to have it repaired.  Another rep just flat out told me to buy a newer computer and yet another said I should buy an XBox or Play Station and watch movies on that instead!

3) I have a bad Silverlight plugin.

Right, and the only time it doesn't work is when I'm using Netflix.

4) I just don't know how to use Netflix, or how to operate a computer properly (!)

In other words: "The problem is; you're a moron, sir..."  One woman suggested that I call the Geek Squad, or ask someone in my house to instruct me on how to use my computer!  Considering that I've been using/programming computers since the early 80's (probably longer than she's been alive), I found that suggestion to be considerably insulting.  Besides, even if I were a complete computer illiterate, what does that have to do with their movies repeatedly freezing up in mid stream?

After that, I finally gave up and cancelled my service.  I told them exactly why I was leaving (not that I think it matters to them) and I have no intentions of ever giving them my business again.

Oddly enough, I repeatedly get emails from Netflix saying they want me back as a customer... What's odd about it is; they don't offer you anything to entice you to come back.  They just say they want your business back...  Well, duh...