Complaint Review: Netflix

• Submitted: Tue, March 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 14, 2006

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
netflix.com Internet U.S.A.

Netflix ripoff lousy service lousy business practices Internet

I too signed up for Netflix. Was persuaded by their fradulent advertising. Got the one movie at at time deal. Supposedly was to receive 6 to 8 movies per month, on average. Their words. Actually that didn't happen. I emailed a complaint. Felt the turnaround time was a tad slow on their part, since it only takes a day to get mail from my address to their shipping/receiving center. Upon receiving my email expressing my concerns and noted pattern of slowness, they did manage to speed it up. Once.

I sent another email, they gave me a month's credit (uh, not really) and promised that they would clear up any misunderstandings. When I noticed they charged me, I then asked why and sent documentation stating that I had been given a month's service gratis. I also asked why I never got the same customer service rep too. Then I asked for a name and physical address to send my conerns to. At that point they sent me an email stating that I was a high risk customer living in a high risk area and would have to provide a new and safer address in order to receive videos. Not only that, they suggested I go out and find the criminals stealing their videos and work with them to correct the problem.

At that point I managed to not so easily find a phone number to call. I got a very nice human but at that point the deal was sealed. I did tell her about my crazy experience and she understood. I did get a physical address to send my complaint to as well as a fax number.

When I spoke with this person she did mention that they admit to throttling all accounts that receive more than 1 movie at a time.

In the end, it's just not worth it. They don't live up to the image they advertise and their customer service is just a mess. There is no service.

My advice, use Intelliflix.

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2006 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netflix/internet/Netflix-ripoff-lousy-service-lousy-business-practices-Internet-181112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netflix