Complaint Review: Netflix

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2007

• Reported By:west hartford Connecticut
Netflix
www.netflix.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Netflix not friendly to the blind Internet

I became a netflix customer in 2005. I would call up the customer service number in order to place my movie selection. When ever I would call they would give me a horrible attitude and tell me to go and use the website instead of calling. I politely inform them that I am blind and their website isn't very blind friendly to me. Once a rep put me on hold and got a supervisor on the line. The supervisor stated that it doesn't matter that your blind you need to use the website. I stated then what is the phone number for? He had no answer to that but told me that the terms and conditions state that it doesnt matter that your blind you must use the website to order movies.

I said please go find this particular section that deals with the blind and states that the blind specifically must use the website, in your t and c. He put me on hold for aprox. 30 minutes and when he got back to the line he stated he could not find anything to that affect in the t and c but he swears it was there before. I calmly said can we get back to placing my movie selection now? He stated yes, and I can here people in the background yelling at him as he was setting up my order.

I just laughed. I said do you realize that I could bring litigation against your company for discrimination for what you said to me? He stated he does realize that and he is sorry for the troubles. I think he placed me on hold and asked one of his bosses about helping the blind over the phone and his boss let him have it, because when he came back to the line after having me on hold for over a half an hour his whole tune changed. Keep in mind that this is a supervisor. I also had very bad experiences with rep's that don't do what you say and out-right lie to you.

Netflix at the time, kept on your account record every time you called in, so that other rep's look at that and judge you before you even open your mouth, no matter how nice you are. This year however they seem to be getting better, at least that's my opinion.

Ct-guy
west hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2007 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netflix/nationwide/Netflix-not-friendly-to-the-blind-Internet-283159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netflix