Complaint Review: Netflix.com

• Reported By:North Bergen New Jersey
Netflix.com
Netflix.com Internet U.S.A.

Netflix.com Insulting NETFLIX Gifts certificates Ripoff North Bergen New Jersey

I received a one month gift certificate from my son and when I went to redeem it they asked for MY credit card saying they needed it for verification purposes. When I told my son about it, he said that they had said on their web site that there were no refunds on gift certificates but did not state that credit cards from the recipients of the gift were required.

When I did not complete the registration process, I received an e-mail from Netflix asking if I wanted to complete the process and that no credit card was required. I clicked on the link and the first thing that comes up is a credit card form.

These people have found a devious way to promote their product at no risk to themselves. They may be popular but they are gathering bad Kharma that will not go unpunished by consumers--mark my words!

Angel
North Bergen, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2004 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netflixcom/internet/Netflixcom-Insulting-NETFLIX-Gifts-certificates-Ripoff-North-Bergen-New-Jersey-121815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netflix.com