Complaint Review: Netgear - Best Buy

• Submitted: Fri, February 24, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 24, 2006

• Reported By:Bellevue Nebraska
Netgear - Best Buy
4500 Great America Pkwy Santa Clara, California U.S.A.

Netgear - Best Buy You'll get your rebate the second Tuesday of next week, ripoff! Santa Clara California

I submitted a $20 rebate to Netgear in June, 2005. They received it on June 23, 2005.

At first they pulled the "Unfortunately we cound not honor your request due to the following reason(s): Missing Original UPC. I called the number they gave and magically they were able to verify that the UPC had been sent in. I made a copy of my status after that.

After 3 months into this (the rebate was due within 8 weeks as stated on the form), I began to call the company. At first I was told it was still being processed. Then as 4, 5, & 6 months went by, it became a technical difficulty.

In December, I started getting the "You should have your rebate within the next 2 weeks." This went on for 2 months. The last time I called, I was told it would be expedited and I would receive my rebate in the next 2 weeks.

After the last call, I finally filed complaints with the BBB and the FTC. I filed the complaint with the wrong BBB at first and it took them about a month to let me know this. They said they would forward the information but I had already found the correct address and filed with the correct BBB.

I should mention that during the last 6 months, I had filed 2 other rebates with Netgear and they both came within a reasonable amount of time. I guess they weren't having technical difficulties those days?

I bought the Netgear item at our local Best Buy and I find it hard to believe that they have no clue that Netgear isn't paying their rebates. If they offer them in their store, don't they have some sort of obligation to make sure the company is paying their obligations? Best Buy lists the rebate in their store ad so I think they should have some liability when it comes to this type of situation.

I will update this if I ever receive my rebate as promised.

Tracy
Bellevue, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2006 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netgear-Best-Buy/Santa-Clara-California-95054/Netgear-Best-Buy-Youll-get-your-rebate-the-second-Tuesday-of-next-week-ripoff-Santa-C-177936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netgear - Best Buy