Complaint Review: Netspend Corporation Dba (All-Access Prepaid Visa Card)

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 19, 2009

• Reported By:San Jose California
Netspend Corporation Dba (All-Access Prepaid Visa Card)
www.netspend.com Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Netspend Corporation Dba (All-Access Visa Card)Netspend Corporation Dba (All-Access Prepaid Visa Card) They attempted to get me to submit and authorize my Savings Account information to transfer funds to their card (over $20,000.) Austin Texas

*Consumer Comment: Not Fraud

*Consumer Comment: Sam Artist

*Consumer Comment: Scam Artists

I had just received my All-Access Prepaid Visa Card and had phoned them to activate it.

They asked for my (card number) and my (ssn)
They then asked a couple of odd questions regarding my balance's that were curently in my (checking) and (savings) accounts.

When they learned that I had over $20,000. in my savings, they said I would get all of their services absolutely Free, as long as my Card was active, if I would authorize that money to be transferred to my All-Access Prepaid Visa Card.

At that point I got very suspicious about their request, then told them I would need to ask my bank about this type of transaction, then get back to them.
Boy'O Boy did that customer service person get extremely pushy and downright rude trying to explain to me how my own bank could not compare to their services because they are connected to a National Federal Banking Institution.

I decided to end my phone conversation, and just hung-up on them.
Well, they have continued to harass me with over ten phone calls per day since that conversation.

I just want them to completely Go Away!!

Fraudwatch77
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 01:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend-Corporation-Dba-All-Access-Prepaid-Visa-Card/Austin-Texas-78701/Netspend-Corporation-Dba-All-Access-Visa-CardNetspend-Corporation-Dba-All-Access-Prepai-354518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend Corporation Dba (All-Access Prepaid Visa Card)

Not Fraud

AUTHOR: Helper311 - (United States of America)

All financial institutions are required by banking regulations to verify the identity of every cardholder. It is BSA/AML Compliance that requires this. The same Compliance regs require reporting of money laundering, deposit reporting for anything over $10,000 and comsumer protections and liabilities for errors among many other things.

Sam Artist

AUTHOR: brassy - (USA)

YOUR STORY DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE,ALL CALLS ARE RECORDED SO WHY WOULD THE EMPLOYEE PUT HIM/HERSELF IN THAT POSITION, I HOPE YOU CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT BECAUSE NETSPEND DOES NOT NEED A CUSTOMER LIKE YOU OR THE PERSON WHO HAD A STUPID REBUTTAL ALSO.

ALSO THE COMPANT DOES NOT MAKE OUT BOUND PHONE CALLS THAT MUCH I DO KNOW SO STOP GETTING ON THE INTERNET SPREADING LIES BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU READ FROM THE REST OF THE IDIOTS ON HERE.

YOU PEOPLE REALLY MAKE ME SICK, THIS COMPANY HAS OVER 350,000 CUSTOMERS THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.  GO GET A BANK ACCOUNT IF YOU CAN AND LEAVE NETSPEND ALONE.

Scam Artists

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

Netspend is terrible to do business with. One of the places I used to work for offered us our paychecks deposited onto a Netspend card the problem with them is they charge you for absolutely every thing (read the fine print) except your balance being text messaged to you. Customer service is ridiculous.