rank

• Reported By: Rob — anywhere Ohio United States of America
Netspend Pre Paid Visa
701 Brazos St.,Ste. 1300 Austin, Texas United States of America

Netspend Pre Paid Visa Scam Artists Austin, Texas

On March 1st, 2012, I checked into a room at the Hawthorne Suites in Holland Ohio.  I was told that I could use this visa card to 'hold' the reservation.  I informed this hotel that I would be paying in cash upon arrival.  I paid for two nights 3/1 and 3/2.

This morning I checked my Netspend Visa Card and the complete balance of $239 was taken off of the card by  the Hawthorne Suites Hotel.

I started emailing and then calling netspend customer service.  When I finally got someone on the phone I was told that the money was still on the card.  On my online account it states that there is a balance of $0.00 and that the money was given to Hawthorne Suites.  I NEVER authorized Netspend to fork over this money to pay for the room..  We made it very clear to them that I would be paying in cash for the room, but netspend still allowed this hotel to steal my money.

When I called Netspend again and told them not to release my money to this hotel because I had already paid cash, they refused to do what I asked them.

If you need a card like this do not use netspend.

It seems that american business thinks it is entitled to your money whatever the reason.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend-Pre-Paid-Visa/Austin-Texas-78701/Netspend-Pre-Paid-Visa-Scam-Artists-Austin-Texas-847736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend Pre Paid Visa