Complaint Review: Netspend pre paid debit

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Fran — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Netspend pre paid debit
Austin, Texas United States of America

Netspend pre paid debit Blocked account from my Federal tax refund being deposited onto the netspend prepaid card that you get when you do your taxes with Turbotax. They requested all kinds of documents which I sent and they Austin, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

I used Turbotax to file my taxes and elected to use their option of the Netspend prepaid card. Well the IRS released my funds 2/8/13 but netspend is telling me there is block on the acct. send in ss card,w2's, and my id. So I did and they said be 48hrs. Called today 2/11/13 and they rejected all forms.

And told me my refund had been returned to the IRS. Spoke with IRS no return had not got back to them. They also told me that netspend has 5 business days to release my funds or it will become a civil matter. After reading all the reports I'm really skeptic if ill get my refund of $4900.00.

I just want my refund not this much aggravation over getting a refund. Do not use netspend.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 02:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend-pre-paid-debit/Austin-Texas-/Netspend-pre-paid-debit-Blocked-account-from-my-Federal-tax-refund-being-deposited-onto-t-1012704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend pre paid debit

NetSpend

AUTHOR: Travis - (USA)

We apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your account. We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of your account.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this.

We look forward to speaking with you and we should be able to get this resolved quickly.

NetSpend