Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: Maddashell — Carmel Valley California United States of America
Netspend
Austin, Texas United States of America

Netspend Net ripoff spend Austin, Texas

Netspend is just as crooked as the banks. Yet they tell you that they offer a way to help you with managing your spending and offer ways to work with you if you incur a overdraft fee. Well a few months ago i was sent an e-mail saying that my account is eligible for overdraft protection due to a deposit of $200.00. So I went online and followed the instructions on setting up O.D.P.

I then received emails constantly throughout the months telling me how the O.D.P. can be beneficial just in case you happen to go over your balance. Plus, if the overage is under $10.00, they won't charge a overdraft fee.

Well, a couple of weeks ago i made a deposit at one of their locations, then later to confirm the deposit, i logged into my account. While i was logged in, i noticed my account showing no overdrafts on file, but the account was set for overdraft protection. So one day i needed to use the Netspend card for gas. My balance after using the card to pay some bills was $4.00. I figured if i bought $10.00 worth of gas that would put the account at -$8.00 thus not in-curing the fee. Just make a deposit within 24hrs. The card was declined twice and they charged my account $2.00 for each decline. Thus leaving me without the purchase and "0" balance on the card. When i got home i was furious. I went online to my account and noticed the account was marked for no overdraft protection. Who did this? They did!!! Plus they stole my last $4.00. I without a doubt closed the account and shredded the card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2011 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/-Austin-Texas-78768/Netspend-Net-ripoff-spend-Austin-Texas-793064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend