Complaint Review: Netspend

• Submitted: Fri, May 31, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, May 31, 2013

• Reported By: marisa — Arizona
701 Brazos St STE 1200 Austin, Texas USA

Netspend Accepted a refund on my account which was CLOSED and now I can't get it back!!! Austin Texas

I CLOSED my Net Spend account almost two months ago. I had made a purchase using the card. After the account was closed (six weeks after it was closed), the purchase was refunded.

I called Net Slend and was informed that because the account was CLOSED the refund would be declined and kicked back. The next day Net Spend accepted the refund. They will not reopen the account so I can get my money, will not put my money onto a new card, transfer it to a bank account or any other option other than sending me a check in 20 days.

I am currently in the process of moving from state to state and informed them that I need my money back asap, cannot wait 20+ days and I also do not have a mailing address due to moving.

I do not see how they can accept a refund on an account that is CLOSED and does not have any other options in getting the customers money back to them. $10,000,000+ worth and they can't care about the little guy and a few hundred bucks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Austin-Texas-78701-2582/Netspend-Accepted-a-refund-on-my-account-which-was-CLOSED-and-now-I-cant-get-it-back-1055386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend