Complaint Review: Netspend

• Submitted: Tue, March 22, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2007

• Reported By:St Pete Florida
Netspend
PO Box 2136 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Netspend Company Ripoff will not refund American Airlines Ticket I am going to be deployed to USMC $389 takes two months Austin Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: procedures for securing disputed visa/master card claims

*Consumer Suggestion: Shame on those mean prople. You make it sound like you've been forced into something which you don't want

*Consumer Comment: Word To The Wise I noticed this was one of two posts you did about your problem with AA and Netspend

I was a victim of discrimination. I recently went to the International Airport of Tampa Fl. There I requested a refund for a ticket for American Airlines. They said the refund would be sent to my credit card. This process could take 2 days American airlines said. I looked in my credit card and no refund still yet. Then I contacted American Airlines three times. First time they said three days from Sunday March 20, 2005. Then they said five days. The third time they said this refund could take two months.

I am being sent to Paris Island for USMC training and I would not be able to use this flight I told American Airlines. I contacted American Airlines again and they said that they sent the money to my NETSPEND credit card. This is a company in Texas. Netspend gave me the "run around" and said it was American Airlines fault. Netspend also said this could take first 24-48 hours, second, three days, third seven days. So both companies are blamming each other and basicly using my $389 hard earned dollars. I am only twenty two and this is ridiculus. I believe its mostly Amerian Airlines fault because Netspend has given me refunds in a matter of 2 days before. Well I am completely lost.

Hector
St Pete, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2005 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Austin-Texas-78768-2136/Netspend-Company-Ripoff-will-not-refund-American-Airlines-Ticket-I-am-going-to-be-deployed-136058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

#1 Consumer Suggestion

procedures for securing disputed visa/master card claims

AUTHOR: Doc Is Hot - (U.S.A.)

Good afternoon, if you haven't gotten this issue resolved, now is the time, if the company that took your money in this case the airlines, does not have a signed rec with your signature, also stating a disclaimer in effect, then this issue can be resolved by the bank that issued the card. I realize that netspend uses many different banks to issue those cards, I can state that under Visa/Master Card regulations they would have to resolve the dispute under the issuing guidlines. I would advise checking the terms of service that came with the card, and also going to the website of the card association in question, be it Visa or Master Card. There is an amount of explaination here, however what you must understand is that the card company is on your side. And they will ALWAYS take the side of a card holder in any dispute.This being said, the card company doesn't control the transactions, you do, you use the card. Now in light of this, if the airline does not give you your money back, then contact the bank and start a chargeback, because they aren't in the habbit of keeping money, but you have to understand untill you tell them this is a disputed charge, they can't do anything else, and you have to be crystall clear with them and state that they promised a refund and that they didn't deliver..

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

You are being sent to Parris Island for USMC training? You mean somebody put a gun to your head and made you sign the paperwork? Shame on those big ole mean recruiters.

And shame on you.

You make it sound like you've been forced into something which you don't want. Perhaps boot camp, the Marine way, will make a man out of you and if you're 22, you should already be. However, your post sounds pretty whinney to me, something I would expect out of some snot nosed civillian.

Don't try to hide behind the cloke of honor - called military service - to gain sympathy. After boot camp, see a military lawyer about helping you get your refund - assuming you make it past the sand fleas at Parris Island. Ahhhh, those were the days. Sand fleas, sweating bodies, running, rifle range - I just regreat that I'm too old to do it again.

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I noticed this was one of two posts you did about your problem with AA and Netspend. In this one, your first sentence was "I was a victim of discrimination". I don't see anywhere in your post, any example of discrimination. I see an example of two companies passing the buck, back and forth.

I looked up Netspend and found it to be a preloaded credit card. One thing really pisses me off. NOBODY GETS DEPLOYED TO PARRIS ISLAND.(Christ, you can't even spell it right.) You get deployed OVERSEAS. In these times, I take offense when such individuals, use something they've heard or seen on TV and inject it into a situation, the way you have.

If you're going to cry DISCRIMINATION, you should have joined the ARMY or NAVY. If you really are going to PARRIS ISLAND, for boot camp, my advice to you is to shut up and lay low. Something the recruiters should have instructed you to do already. If you do get there and make it through, you'll understand what I'm taking about. And, you won't be lost. Deal with AA directly.