Complaint Review: Netspend

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

Netspend/ Metabank Ripped off by ATM, they won't refund me Austin Texas

*Consumer Comment: Hidden Fee

On 12/14/2013 I withdrew $40 at an ATM at 1427 W 3rd St, Sioux City IA 51103. It only gave me $20, so I called the number on the front of the machine. They told me (Metabank, which ironicaly is the logo on my Netspend card, as well as the name of the bank my direct deposits go to), to call my own bank (Netspend) to dspute the charge. After weeks of fighting back and forth with Netspend, here I sit with a letter dated 12/31/2013 telling me that $43 has been credited to my account. (I don't want $43, I want $20 - the money I didn't get plus the ATM fee back, which I shouldn't have to pay to a machine that ripped me off).

Funny thing is, that money is NOT in my account. The ATM charge is still listed, and they have only refunded $2.50, which is the charge Netspend charges for using an ATM. As of 1/2/14, I have an email from them stating that it could take 3 months to get the provisional credit, yet this letter tells me I have it already. I do not. I am tired of the run-around. 3 months later how is the bank ever going to verify the checks and balances of their ATM to verify they are $20 heavy? I want my money and I want it now. The $23 that I am owed, not the $43. I have a letter ini my hands verifying it has been credited, yet no credit in my account.

Every time I call them, the people I speak to can't speak or understand simple English and it is beyond frustrating beccause they tell me something different every time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2014 05:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Austin-Texas-78768-2136/Netspend-Metabank-Ripped-off-by-ATM-they-wont-refund-me-Austin-Texas-1113505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

Hidden Fee

AUTHOR: MsCandy - ()

They charge you 50 bucks to investigate, which they do not tell you. Same thing here my wallet was stolen someone used my cards (dumb me for making my pin easy) totaling 540. The last charge was for 43.00. Sent in paperwork for all three disputes. The one that I made last they made thier "decision", sent an email that I won the dispute, but did not credit my money. They informed me after a 50 minute conversation that they charge a fee of 50 for liability insurance. Are you kidding me? Their answer, it was in ther terms and  conditions. I've had this card since 2005!!!! I don't remember!!! Then they gave me a credit for 2.50!! For what?