Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: Eric Childers — San Francisco California
Netspend
PO Box 2136 Austin, Texas USA

Netspend Intentional delay of deposit/witholding funds Austin Texas

Two weeks ago, I purchased a "Netspend Reload" pack from a Walgreens here in San Francisco. As my receipt shows, I paid $503.95 ($3.95 fee, $500.00 to be added to the card). An hour later, I attempted to activate the card. The Netspend website wouldn't recognize the reload card number. I waited another hour with the same results. I went back to the Walgreens, spoke to the manager who called Netspend, and waited for them to clear up the situation. What the Walgreens manager and the Netspend representative concluded was that the money got "lost In the transaction" due to a system error, which apparently happens fairly often. I was told I would have to make a copy of my receipt, my reload card, and fax them along with a signed letter of explanation to "documents@netspend.com", where the nice people at Netspend would take their time (2 or more weeks) to review the incident and hopefully credit my money to my account. [continued below]....

..... It's now been 15 days, and I haven't heard anything from the "documents" department, though I've called the customer service department many times. I've sent the packet of requested documents 3 times. I've never encountered this level of incompetence at a major corporation before. Do they really think it's acceptable to steal my money for 2 weeks (and now they're telling me it will be another 2 weeks)? This incident has caused me to fall behind on a couple of my bills and has been a major inconvenience. I think it's disgusting that a company this size will use every possible means to keep people from getting to their money. They need to be held accountable for their actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2014 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Austin-Texas-78768/Netspend-Intentional-delay-of-depositwitholding-funds-Austin-Texas-1150945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend