Complaint Review

Category:
Credit & Debt Services

Netspend Metabank $100 overdraft scam Austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Seriously?

I have been a netsepnd elite card holder for 3 years, prior to the Elite program, I was simply a Netspend cardholder. I keep the card, because I am paid on the first of the month, but Netspend gives me my money two days early. I obtained the card from ACE checking cashing. About one year ago, Netspend started a overdraft opt in program. Qulaified cardholders can overdraft by $100, but they are first subject to a $15 overdraft fee. So in essence you are only getting $85.  I started using the service as I am only paid once per month and it does come in handy. After using the service for 3 months I was kicked off the program without warning. I called and the representative told me that it was due to accessive use.  I stated that I always pay the $15 fee per overdraft, and I am borrowing against my own money anyway.  The representative further told me that it was constumary, and claims that I was sent an email to my netspend email account. Never sent a text message, as I usually get when an action is taken on my account. Never sent an email to my personel email, like they send all the junk mail to.  I was very upset because I was counting on that money unfortunately. Times are very tough and I would rather pay $15 to overdraft than get a pay day loan.  I was angry because they kicked me off without warning, but still took my $15 per month overdraft fees along with my $5 cardholder fees, each month.

Another upsetting problem is that each time you call to speak to an agent, you can never understand what the representative is saying.  The accents are so heavy and sometimes they repeat you, but they still dont understand why you are calling.  Then you hold for hours to speak to a supervisor, who is just as worse. It really sucks to have this card, because you can never go to a branch and speak to a live person like you can with a traditional bank. I'm working on paying off my debits so that i can get a real bank account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2012 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Austin-Texas-78768/Netspend-Metabank-100-overdraft-scam-Austin-Texas-818584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

Seriously?

AUTHOR: Mrbowser - ()

Okay, first of all, do you even know the definition of the word scam? Nobody is stealing money from you and overdraft protection is a service that is offered to you by Ace elite. They reserve the right to remove overdraft protection. Is their business not yours. They are not obligated to offer you the service. I also use their convenient overdraft service but I make sure I don't abuse it.

MORE FEATURED REPORTS