Complaint Review: Netspend

• Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: Justina — Klickitat Washington United States of America
Netspend
POBOX2136 Austin, Texas United States of America

Netspend blocked my account 3x in a matter of 2 days. Want to reject my tax refund even though its been deposited. Austin, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

My fiance and I were looking for a prepaid card to load our taxes on. We found Netspend at out local supermarket and it showed how it was easy and could load your refunds. We bought it and activated the temp card. We filed and set up the account. Our taxes were deposited on 02/20/13 with no prblems. We us3ed the card twice and then I went to check our balance. I got the screen which said please call customer service there's a problem with your account. I called and waited for 45minutes until speaking to a Andrina.

I had to answer a seris of 5 questions and then she told me my account was fine. I also had to do this on 2/21/13 again. I was told that we would no issues at all. All was good? So we thought. On the 22 I paid a bill at 9:45 and by 3:45 my account was blocked.I was told we needed to send in all our information to confirm who we were. They said our account was blocked due to the risk department. They claimed that they would be sending a rejection of our refund to the IRS and then we would have to wait until the IRS refunded us our money. Another 25 days.

They said we needed proff of address,ssn,and photo id an they wouldn't have to reject the money. They also wanted a phyiscal address to mail our permant card to us. I explained that we do not receive mail at our house but to a po box. The rep said that we couldn't use our pobox. They also said we needed proff of adress but kept telling us our old adress. We had just moved on 2/2/13 and no longer had that adress. After this huge run around we asked if we could send our lease as proff of address. We were told we couldn't. I was told we could use our tax info.

On 2/25/13 we sent all the info in and waited the 48 hours. After such time we were then told the info we sent was not enough. I spent a total of 4 hours all together fighting against this company. When I asked to speak to a superisior I was told he was gone. Then they said he was on a break and then I was told he was helping another agent. I asked to speak to the supervisiors boss and got the same story. I don't knnow what to do anymore. I can't file a dispute because it won't allow me to through their site. I just want answers. Its now 3/2/13 and still no money. 3500 down the drain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2013 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Austin-Texas-78768/Netspend-blocked-my-account-3x-in-a-matter-of-2-days-Want-to-reject-my-tax-refund-even-th-1022846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - (United States of America)

We understand your frustration and apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your account.  We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of your account.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this.

We look forward to speaking with you and we should be able to get this resolved quickly.

NetSpend