Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: Moe — Alabama
Netspend
Austin TX Austin, Texas USA

Netspend Horrible foreign dodge Austin Texas

I could just put "Ditto" on several other complaints about this company.  My story is so similar to others.  Sure wish I'd known Turbotax was going to throw me under the bus by funneling my money to Netspend.

I filed my taxes with Turbotax.  Something I will NEVER do again.  Opted for my refund to be put on a card.  Was NOT told the card would be Netspend.

Netspend sent the card but would not allow me to activate it until I faxed personal information to India.  I reluctantly did so but they STILL refused to activate my card.  Said my refund would be sent back to the IRS immediately.

HAH!

This was back in February.

I have been chasing my money ever since.  They did NOT send it back in February. Or March when I called.  Or April. They finally said they sent it in May after I FINALLY got a nuber to call someone in Texas and not India.

BUT the IRS says they did not send it.  Who should I believe?

I can't get my money from the IRS because they are still tracking whether or not Netspend ever returned it.

They many, many calls I made to India were pointless.  If we got off the script, no one could help at all.  And, when they did pretend to help, it all turned out to be lies or incredibly rude.

The two women in TX with whom I have spoken have been somewhat helpful but it would seem that my money has vanished.

It is JUNE.  Four months they have made interest on my money.  Meanwhile, I have been scraping by, waiting.  Waiting.  Waiting.

Horrible, horrible, worthless dishonest company.

Ironic that federal refunds are being shifted off shore.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Austin-Texas/Netspend-Horrible-foreign-dodge-Austin-Texas-1058214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend