Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: Donna — San Antonio Texas
Netspend
, Select State/Province USA

Netspend Denial of available funds, lies, illegally blocking account Select Sta

*Author of original report: Still no release of funds

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

On 8/15 there was a block placed on my account due to a refund of a purchase for $300. Netspend claimed this was fraud and demanded I send in several pieces of documentation proving it was not fraud. I have sent therm a copy of my bank statement showing the original purchase, receipt of original purchase, receipt of refund, a complete breakdown of my debit card numbers, etc.  They are not only withholding the $300 refund but part of my direct deposit from my employment. I have sent all requested documentation three times now, have called everyday for 9 days now and everytime I call I get conflicting answers and promises it will be resolved in 24-48 hrs. This is now 9 days with no resolution. I called yesterday and the agent put me on hold for 1 hr 45 mins. I have repeatedly asked to speak to someone from the fraud dept but keep getting advised they cannot do that and to allow yet another 24-48 hrs. Again, I am on day 9 of trying to get this resolved with no hope in sight. The only way I receive any communication is by calling them and am lied to each and every time. I have even spoken to four different supervisors and they state they cannot contact the fraud dept other than by email and promise to call me with an update. No calls from any of these supervisors back to me have ever been made.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Select-StateProvince/Netspend-Denial-of-available-funds-lies-illegally-blocking-account-Select-Sta-1078758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

Still no release of funds

AUTHOR: Donna - ()

Two calls yesterday and two calls today with promises made I would have the funds within 2 hrs of EACH call. After second call today and rebuttal filed by them on this site, my money was released.

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - ()

We understand your frustration regarding the block placed on your account.

It sounds like you have sent in the proper documentation, so this block should have been removed.  Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed.

NetSpend