Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: puttsmomma — sequim Washington
Netspend
, Texas USA

Netspend Netspend Claiming old debt owed to take money off new card Texas

*Author of original report: Still no resolve

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

I have had aNetspend prepaid card in the past. The account was closed over a year ago. I recently went and bought a new Netspend Prepaid card and loaded $60 on it at a local Safeway. When I got home to activate it, it said I needed to call customer service. When I called they sent me to their fraud department whomstated that I had a negative $52.48 from my last account. I asked them over 3 weeks ago to send me proof of the debt and they said they would. They never did. I have called numerous times and they will not activate the new card while their computers say I have a negative balance. I explained to them that even if I did owe the money we filed Chapter 7 and was discharged last year. My Atty. advised me to explain this to them. They told me it is not their job to prove a debt. They proceeded to tell me that they are taking the $52.48 from my new card. Are they allowed to take money without proving you owe money to them? They say it came from Netflix which I have never had. I even called Netflix and they verified I have never had an account. How can they legally get away with this? I just lost $60 to Netspend for no reason and they are getting away with it. Not to mention they said they do not have a policy to notify customers that a balance is owed;they just take their money off their cards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Texas/Netspend-Netspend-Claiming-old-debt-owed-to-take-money-off-new-card-Texas-1090097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

Still no resolve

AUTHOR: puttsmomma - ()

After making numerous calls since my initial post, Netspend is still insisting on keeoing my money which is $60 that I loaded on it. They have not sent any proof that I owe them this money. They keep insisting that I had Netflix and charged it to the card and made it overdrawn. They are also now saying that I was on a card with my husband and that one is overdrawn like $80 some dollars. First of all a prepaid card cannot be overdrawn! No matter what they are keeping my money and saying if they activate the card they will take out the $52.86 they claim I owe them. NO WAY will I activate it as they are not going to debit money for something they have no proof of! They are dishonest, rude and do not care about their customers. I am done calling them; the attorney general is the next step. I have read several complaints about this company and wish I knew how to start a class action against them. This $60 was a gift to us to help buy food and it is gone. Thanks you bad company and I hope you pay for this! After my intial post they replied for me to call them and I did. What a mistake! NEVER AGAIN! The next call they will get will be from someone who can shut them down. If anyone has information as to how to start a suit, please let me know!

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - ()