Complaint Review: Netspend

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: LostNotFound283 — Swanton Ohio
Netspend
503 Pontiac Toledo, Ohio United States of America

Netspend TurboTax Program through Netspend Tax Refund Netspend Turbo Tax Toledo, Ohio

I filed my taxes through TurboTax, the online tax service. Their services on tv were "free filing of the federal taxes", and then when you sign on they charge 29.99 for the state filing. Plus, if you sign up with Netspend, that is a 29.99 charge.

So there goes 60 dollars right off the bat. My tax refund all together was 283.00. I recieved the card and have tried to activate it. First they told me I had a block and had to fax my social security card and my state drivers license. So i did that, and called them back. They said give it 24 hours.

I called back the next day, and then they told me I had to fax over a proof of residence. I told them I had just moved and did not have any utilities in my name. No 1099 or W-2's to that house either. Plus, they said my money was already there but it was 178.83. So my question was what happened to the other 40 dolalrs, because only 60 should have been deducted leaving me with 223.00.

It has been 2 months, they keep telling me it will take 24-48 hours everytime I call. It's always something different, and I can't even understand the customer service. Had I known all this was going to happen, I would have never used Turbo Tax or Netspend. Plus the time they've left me on hold on the phone has run my patience thin. I do not know what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/Toledo-Ohio-43611/Netspend-TurboTax-Program-through-Netspend-Tax-Refund-Netspend-Turbo-Tax-Toledo-Ohio-1037057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend