Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: onesunnyd — Salado Texas United States of America
Netspend
austin, Texas United States of America

Netspend Meta Bank Stole over $3,000 from me austin, Texas

On August 9th, I received 4 texts showing transactions for my debit card, the first was a $1,670.34, second for $252.02 and the third was $1,115.64 and the fourth was for $4.58 back to back.  I immediately called and reported those charges as unauthorized and put a hold on my account.  Three of these charges were for Air France in Paris and the fourth was for Tropicanexp in the U.S.  I was told that the $4.58 charge was cancelled and would not be taken out of my account.  I have a copy of my bank statement for that afternoon showing all of these charges.  Now, those transactions that were showing as pending have disappeared and I have 6 charges to Air France in Paris, the first for $1,664.73, second $58.27, third $8.79, fourth $251.17, fifth $1,111.89 and the sixth for $38.92.  Note:  none of these amounts are the same as the original amounts and it caused an overdraft of $95.77 due to my $100.00 overdraft protection.

After the additional charges appeared, which I didn't even receive a text message for, I immediately tried to call customer service but, they were already closed so, I sent them a message regarding the change of charges.  Something has not seemed right about any of this so, I started surfing the internet for complaints about Netspend and found that I am not the only one to have this issue.

Do not use Netspend!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2011 10:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/austin-Texas-78768/Netspend-Meta-Bank-Stole-over-3000-from-me-austin-Texas-764602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend