Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: Consumer — Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania United States of America
Netspend

Netspend Bogus Fees, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

I signed up for a Netspend debit card and was sent an email confirming that I was enrolled in Netspend Premier and I would receive unlimited debit transactions with no fees.  They sent me a Netspend Premier card (the card says Netspend Premier on it in big print on the front of the card) and I began using it.  Over approximately two weeks, I used the card and then noticed that for every transaction I was charged either $1 or $2, totaling over $60.

When you call customer service, no live person is available.  I received a response after I emailed them on their website that said they "understood my frustration" but they were not going to refund the fees.

Go with a local bank that actually has people that understand that when you tell your customers something you should actually do it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/internet/Netspend-Bogus-Fees-Internet-972108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

NetSpend

AUTHOR: Travis - (USA)

We are very sorry to hear that you were still charged transaction fees after being enrolled in NetSpend Premier. NetSpend Premier does offer several benefits, including the reduced monthly fee advantage plan. Unfortunately, the fee plan must be set up separately since not all customer wish to have this.

Please send an email to feedback@netspend.com with your information and we will be happy to take care of this for you. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope the problems you have experienced will not bear any reflection on our company and the services we provide.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or call customer service at 1-86-NetSpend (1-866-387-7363).