Complaint Review: Netspend

Netspend

Netspend Fraudulent Charges...NO RESOLUTION Internet

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

WARNING!!

Netspend let someone open an online account in my name, create a "virtual card", and drain our account of all but $250. They REFUSE to follow their own and Visa's stated "account protections" and issue provisional credit in a timely manner. Visa says five business days, Netspend says 10 business days (depending on who you speak to...I've got anywhere from two business days to 90 days!!!!). Well, those time limits have both passed, and I have yet to receive a single dollar in "provisional credit" while they conduct their investigation (which they have 90 days to complete, or two, or ten...again depending on which "customer service" rep you speak to).

I have spent (cumulatively) HOURS sitting on hold, days waiting for supervisors to "call me back" (they NEVER DO).

Netspend refuses to remedy a situation THEY created. When my first card never arrived in the mail, I called Netspend repeatedly, wondering where my card was. After almost 20 days, Netspend sent another card. When I repeatedly expressed my concerns about the first card floating around out there, I was REPEATEDLY assured there was NO WAY anyone could use that card to access my account. They were wrong. One of the supervisors even told me "oh yeah, someone can create a virtual card and make online purchases." Umm...WHY didn't one of the 40 customer service reps I spoke to tell me that??? I would've been FAR more vigilant in checking my transaction record.

Warn everyone you know away from this terrible company...before they end up where I am; about to be evicted from my apartment, with no resolution in sight.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/internet/Netspend-Fraudulent-ChargesNO-RESOLUTION-Internet-1036829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - ()

We are very sorry to hear about the unauthorized transactions made on your account.

We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this and request that you send your information to feedback@netspend.com.  We will do everything we can to help you get this money back.

NetSpend