Complaint Review: Netspend

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: debra — phoenix Arizona United States of America
Netspend

Netspend I had a card 3 years ago and they want to make sure I am the same person,no issius with card I just cant use money till i send in ID showing I am who I say I am , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

I borrowed $60.00 bucks to pay a bill that would be due 2/22/13 and the only way to pay quickly was to use the internet, I purchashed a debit card for 63.00 dollars took it home and tried to activate it ,I found out that netspend rejected my activation because I had a netspend card 3 years ago, they said the only way I could spend my money is go to the store and get a reload pack which is gonna cost about 14.00 dollars more and spend my money in a store I cant use the internet because they cant verify my imformation but if I didnt want to do that they would just send me a check in 20 days whith another debt card that I could try to reload on .I borrowed that money to get the bill paid quick,I talked to about 2 supervisiors and the store that I bought the card from also talked to the rep, they said because the imformation on my card had changed from the imformation they have now they have to reject activation, OK that is fine can I get my money they said it will be 20 days but they are willing to send me a check or let me go to the store and spend the money just not on the internet, if it is not the right imfomation I shouldnt be able to get a check or go to the store this is crazy netspend no good.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/internet/Netspend-I-had-a-card-3-years-ago-and-they-want-to-make-sure-I-am-the-same-personno-issi-1018309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - (United States of America)

We understand that you were unable to activate your new card due to a previous account you had with us.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed.

NetSpend