Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: BP84 — mentor Ohio
Netspend
Internet USA

Netspend Meta Bank Unauthorized foreign charges Internet

I have had my netspend account for 3-4 years. Never have had a problem until recently. This could not have happened at a worse time. I am in between jobs and had about $900.00 in my account to get me through until I started my new job. I was in the process of moving to a new house as well. One day I login to my account to pay some bills and see that my balance is $12 and some change. I start to freak out and notice there are several transactions that look very odd, that of course I did not make. I then see all of these foreign transaction fees.

Immediately I reported the card lost/stolen to make sure a block was put on it. I still had the card in my posession so I figured somehow the card was compromised. As I am on the phone with these people balling my eyes out explaining I needed that money for a moving truck and living expenses for the next month, they showed no sympathy and made me handwrite, then fax in a letter explaining what charges I was disputing. It has been a month and I still do not have my money back.

CLEARLY those charges were fraudelent any idiot would notice that. They have given me story after story about the process and when I would get my money but nothing is happening. If you read this story and have gone through what I have, please tell everyone you know to switch or not even think of opening a card with these people. This incident has caused me so much suffering and so many tears. I have a regular checking account and never switched over my direct deposit because it came through a day earlier than everyone else's. I really wish I had now. Please share my story and save more people from this!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 05:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/internet/Netspend-Meta-Bank-Unauthorized-foreign-charges-Internet-1131161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend